My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.midnightmaniac.com
and update your bookmarks.

envirambo

See me morph into action at the Green Phone Booth
Add to Technorati Favorites

the flock


follow me on twitter

follow me on facebook
Break the Bottled Water Habit
Eco Friendly, Environment & Green Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Clearinghouse, The Series

Purge list:
  • t-shirt drawer
  • cami drawer
  • work out drawer
  • pajama drawer
  • underwear drawer & bra/swim drawer
  • sock drawer
  • junk drawer
Pajama drawer.

Ooh, I have reached the half way point of clearing out my dresser. [Pause for celebratory dance.] At the rate I have been purging I may no longer need my dresser. [Ooh, ooh. Throwing hands in the air.] How do you like that Santa Suit on the right? Pretty sexy, huh? Especially when layered with those Cuddl Duds. Smokin! Well not quite, but at least I stay warm in the winter. For those of you who have no clue what Cuddl Duds are, consider yourself lucky.

Taking Stock:
Contents = 23 pieces

Actual pairs of pajamas - five. Seems to be a lot of extra crap in this drawer. Now, why I have swim shorts and long underwear in the same drawer? They are both seasonal I guess. As for why they are in my pajama drawer? Like I said it gets damn cold in Wisconsin and I am very stingy with the heat. Come December I will be living in those long underwear! However, I have no justification for why there are swim shorts in my pajama drawer. No I do not own a waterbed.

I am keeping four of the tops and two of the bottoms. The long underwear will be relocated to winter storage for about another month when I will begrudgingly rotate seasonal clothing. The one swim bottom I decided to keep will relocate to the swim drawer, where it should have been in the first place. I added three bottoms from my work out drawer, because half of the pajama pants I have are worn so thin they are damn near transparent. Completely embarrassing the chitlins. And myself, when I happen to still be in them when the UPS man shows up. *turning as red as my Santa Suit* So I still have five PJ options. Eleven pieces are destined to be repurposed or sold/donated.

From 23 pieces to 9. Not too shabby. This week's weight loss = 4 pounds. Whole lotta keeping going on. Lord, I love the Long Johns! Plus, see through pajama pants don't weigh very much.

Running Total = 22 pounds of clothing removed.



To see my dresser transformation from the beginning click:
Somewhere over the rainbow
Clearinghouse
Clearinghouse continued
Clearinghouse...still

No comments: