My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.midnightmaniac.com
and update your bookmarks.

envirambo

See me morph into action at the Green Phone Booth
Add to Technorati Favorites

the flock


follow me on twitter

follow me on facebook
Break the Bottled Water Habit
Eco Friendly, Environment & Green Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Clearinghouse...still

Purge list:
  • t-shirt drawer
  • cami drawer
  • work out drawer
  • pajama drawer
  • underwear drawer & bra/swim drawer
  • sock drawer
  • junk drawer
Workout drawer.

Looks like next on the purge list is my workout lounge wear drawer. Okay, let's get real here. Sure this drawer is full of "workout" clothes, but closest I have come to "working out" is working out how sleep a half hour longer and not be late for my morning meetings. I used to go to the gym five days a week, but that only lasted until the first holiday they were closed for rolled around. It only took one missed day for me to completely blow the whole thing off. Now I just pay the fat tax. You know, that gym membership fee I cough up every month but do not use. How pathetic am I?! Talk about waste. Ugh!

But, I digress. Still working in the nine drawer dresser (a little less) full.

Taking stock:
Contents = 13 "workout" items


Twelve pairs of lounge pants and yes, one more camisole. This one is a racer back though, so it's completely different, right? Riiiight. Finally a drawer a little more manageable. Thank god I did not have 30 pair of pants in there!

So I have decided to keep five pair of pants for lounging around on lazy days, i.e. summer. Three will be transferred to my pajama drawer. It gets damn cold in Wisconsin! Especially at our house; I keep the thermostat locked at 64 degrees October through May. Which is the same excuse I will use later to justify my sock drawer. Three will be added to the sell/donate pile accumulating in my workroom. And, two will be turned into cleaning rags. Actually, the green pants on the bottom are what I stole the drawstring out of for the cami tote bag. I may swipe the pockets off for later use as well.

This week's weight loss is only three pounds. Due partly to the fact there were not as many articles in this drawer as there were in the cami and t-shirt drawers; but, also because several pieces relocated to another drawer. I was in need of PJ's as you will soon see.

Running Total = 18 pounds of clothing removed.

To catch Clearinghouse from the beginning and why I started this crazy closet diet in the first place check out:

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You've got a LOT of clothing you're getting rid of. I'm pretty much amazed (and trying to figure out where all *my* clothing went, I have a bunch of empty hangers that used to be full...).

I feel like I have some shopping to do. To the consignment store!

Unknown said...

I need you to come to my house and purge items. I have a tendency to hold on to EVERYTHING, even if I can't wear it any longer!

EnviRambo said...

stephanie - I haven't even scratched the surface. I am hoping to purge the whole house before the snow flies. I may be lucky if I get out of my closet by then!

bobbi - It's hard to be objective with your own belongings, I know. I have never been able to part with so much before. Something just snapped inside me.