My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.midnightmaniac.com
and update your bookmarks.

envirambo

See me morph into action at the Green Phone Booth
Add to Technorati Favorites

the flock


follow me on twitter

follow me on facebook
Break the Bottled Water Habit
Eco Friendly, Environment & Green Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, September 12, 2008

Clearinghouse - Down to my skivvies.

Purge list:
  • t-shirt drawer
  • cami drawer
  • work out drawer
  • pajama drawer
  • underwear drawer & bra/swim drawer
  • sock drawer
  • junk drawer

Underwear & Swim Drawers

Well folks, I never thought I would be telling you about my underwear, but I am. As embarrassing as that is, the contents of these two tiny drawers is even more so. Brace yourselves.

Taking stock:
Contents =
4 bralettes
7 swimsuits
(including various pieces and wraps)
11 bras
40 pair of underwear
2 lavender sachets
1 journal
3 greeting cards
2 fest buttons
1 rubber bat
1 paper drink umbrella
1 broken corkscrew
1 cork


What? You don't have a corkscrew and rubber bat in your underwear drawer? No? No, not that. What then? Small print. What small print? Oh, that small print. I was hoping you wouldn't catch that. You mean the small print, lengthy list, and oddities weren't distraction enough. Damn, you're good.

All right fine, I will say it. I have 40 pair of underwear! Happy now? I suck at strip poker and wanted to be prepared. Well. There is nothing like tallying up what you own to give you a good hard smack in the face at how much of a consumer you really are. Good grief brief!

I am keeping the four bralettes, they are all wear anyway. Ten pair of underwear should suffice. Sitting on my fat ass blogging has caused the other thirty pair to shrink in the drawer. All eleven of the bras can go. I really hate these torture devices. The amount of money I spent on them trying to become an Angel makes me sick. Ugh. Three of the swimsuits are unflattering. Okay, honestly none of the swimsuits are really flattering, but these three more not so. The other four and a half (one is just the top) I will hold on to.

Now, these garments people are a bit squeamish about reusing. So, what do I do with them? I have yet to find a place where I can send my clothes for recycling. Help me out folks. Throw me a friggin bone here.



This week's weight loss is again 4 pounds. Four pounds of unmentionables mentioned removed. That is a lot considering I am not really wearing Granny Panties here. From 62 articles of clothing down to 18. Talk about taking it off!

Running Total = 26 pounds of clothing shed.

See the stripping from the beginning: Clearinghouse.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

40 pair of underwear.

And I thought my 3 weeks' worth was gigantic.

No, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. I'm that observant right now.

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! And a sense of humor is important when learning to go green! Thanks for the inspiration (the funny part and the green part). I too love to purge. By the way, I noticed you are a Great Lakes APLS. Where do you live? I am in Grand Rapids, MI.

EnviRambo said...

jam - I have donated to our local Goodwill in the past, but have never sent bras/underwear/socks as is obvious from my overabundant collection. I will look into what they can accept and what happens to the things that do not sell.

stephanie - 3 weeks worth? Maybe someone has a little purging of their own to do. BTW, I wish I could knit.

april - I am obsessed with purging right now! I think it has something to do with the weather getting colder and I don't want to be stuck in the house with all this crap over the winter. I'm in West Salem, WI. I recently started reading your blog. We can learn so much from our Grandparents. I adore mine. I added you to my flocks to follow. Don't give in to your grim reaper thumb!

Stephanie said...

I need the 3 weeks' worth so that I can go 3 weeks between doing laundry. I have so few clothes and I wear them all until they have stains/smell, so laundry isn't my highest priority.

Also, I keep half of it at home and half at school. Which isn't enough right now. See not having enough clothes for a load of laundry.

Knitting isn't that hard -- just takes a bit of patience to learn, then gives you all the patience you could hope for. :) It's great. There are good videos at http://www.knittinghelp.com/ if you're interested in trying to knit!

Jennifer said...

Hahaha, this post has cracked me up!! Maybe you should make a quilt out of the undies? It would make for an incredibly interesting conversation piece. hehe, kidding, of course. On a funny note, I think Goodwill eventually takes all the clothes that don't sell, mashes them all together (this is called something, but I forget what) and then uses them as upholstery fabric for like couches and chairs. I *think* I had one of these couches in college-it came with a furnished apt. I wonder if it had someones underwear in it.

EnviRambo said...

Well, that sure is an interesting thought. Instead of sitting on the couch in your underwear, you could be sitting on someone else's underwear. The thought makes me squirm a little in mine.