My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.midnightmaniac.com
and update your bookmarks.

envirambo

See me morph into action at the Green Phone Booth
Add to Technorati Favorites

the flock


follow me on twitter

follow me on facebook
Break the Bottled Water Habit
Eco Friendly, Environment & Green Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Meatrix

I first saw this posted on Earth Friendly Weddings and felt compelled to pass it on. I showed it to the chitlins last night hoping it would help explain why I buy organic food, shop at the farmer's market, and prefer grass fed meat from a local farm. My daughter was horrified and asked if what they said was true. I think I may have opened up a can of worms. Their mother and stepfather own a family/factory farm. They raise chickens for Gold'n Plump for a living. This is part of the chitlin's everyday life, caught between two extremes. I am sure we will be receiving a phone call when they go visit her this weekend. Ugh.



The Meatrix II
Revolting



The Meatrix II 1/2



The Meatrix films were created by sustainable table and Free Range Studios. The Meatrix website is packed full of facts and information on how to get involved. There is also an Eat Well Guide where you can find meat, poultry, dairy and eggs raised sustainably on small, family farms in your area. (US and Canada)

Everyday I find reinforcement that organic, sustainable practices need to be a priority for my family, in all facets of our life.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love The Meatrix videos! It's not just scary for kids, it's scary for adults too!

Stephanie said...

SCARY. I linked them to a friend, too. Thanks for pointing them out!