My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.midnightmaniac.com
and update your bookmarks.

envirambo

See me morph into action at the Green Phone Booth
Add to Technorati Favorites

the flock


follow me on twitter

follow me on facebook
Break the Bottled Water Habit
Eco Friendly, Environment & Green Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Monday, August 10, 2009

Little Bo Peep lost her Greeen Sheeep.

Wondering where I have been?


Building up my compost piles.


Planning new beds.

Catching candy at a small town parade.


Shopping at IKEA.

Shopping at the farmers' market.

Freezing beans.





Mowing.

Rallying to save organic dairy farms.

Asking US Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack questions.

Sampling seasonal fare at a "Social Responsibility through Seasonal Cooking" demo with French Chef, Monique Hooker.

Visiting Organic Valley headquarters.

Touring an organic egg and dairy farm.

Listening to "Organic Heroes" Ken Cook - EWG, Tim LaSalle - Rodale Institute, Ronnie Cummins - OCA and Dr. Sandra Steingraber at the Kickapoo Country Fair.



Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Green Bean said...

Gosh, I read everything you write at the Booth and I still didn't realize. You've been one busy girl!

Jen Clean Bin said...

That's awesome. I especially like the lawn mowing photo.

So what did you think of the organic chicken farm? Was it still too industrialized, or do you think it's better than regular so therefore acceptable. I'm just reading Omnivores Dilemma, and was thinking that those chickens looked mighty close together.

EnviRambo said...

Jen, I was a bit taken back by the number of chickens inside that coop. 2,700!!! That seems like a lot to me. They do have windows, but they are small and a pasture, but they don't use it. I think it's better that they are fed organic; however, knowing what I do now, I will try to buy my eggs more often directly from the local farmer that has free-range chickens and more eggs than he knows what to do with. Every time I see or read something it makes me want to grow/raise my own. It's the only way to really know.

Volunteer opportunities said...

The taste of fresh organic farm goods is always the best rather than the factory foods. I love this post it has lots of information about healthy organic foods. Thanks for posting.

Women fragrances said...

This is great! Count me in on this rally “save organic farms. You got my support on this.

Matthewzor said...

This is a humongus post. So much going on. It would be much easier to follow if you chopped it up into smaller ones.

But I love the clean car stuff.